Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fort Worth Gems

A few nuggets of goodness came out of my trip to Fort Worth this week:

  • The Marriott Courtyard downtown: Historic building. Spacious suite. Great location and service.
  • Downtown YMCA: It's an old brick building with a 2 lane pool in the basement, an old basketball with a concave, hardwood running track above (30 laps = 1 mile, clockwise running on even days), and a tiny stairwell that snakes between levels with equipment and exercise rooms. This place probably hasn't changed much in 80 years -- I love it. Free passes from the Courtyard, to boot.
  • Joe T. Garcia's: I had heard about it, but never tried it until this week (thanks to Rick Wilhoit for dragging me along). Killer Mexican grub.

My trips to the Metroplex should be a little less painful in the future.

No comments: