Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blowin' Through Seattle

Seattle is a great city. It just has an awesome vibe to it, and my last quick trip there was no exception.

I stayed at the Alexis Hotel, which is undergoing some renovation, but nonetheless highly recommended. The room was big, with some decent artwork (really!), HD TV, and free wireless. The real treat, though, was the Library Bistro breakfast: a truly splendid egg-white omelet with chicken sausage, homestyle potatoes, and homemade sourdough bread toast.

Since I arrived late, I passed on the Bookstore Bar for a drink, but it looks like a cool place for a nightcap.

The service at the Alexis is very good. I was impressed with their responsiveness despite having the front desk out of commission for the renovation. The best thing about the location: running along the Seattle waterfront. They turned me on to a great 5-miler. From the Alexis, head down to the water on Madison, turning right in front of the Ferry landing. Run through Myrtle Edwards Park to the old Industrial Park, and return.

Thanks to Lesly Matney and the good people at eProject (they have some great stuff!) for the Alexis recommendation.

No comments: