Saturday, October 20, 2007

RSA 15 - ENG 6

I've always been a sports fan. My earliest memories are youth soccer, basketball, hockey, baseball. Collecting cards and watching my favorite teams were my passions growing up.

Today, I watched the Rugby World Cup, and I took away the following thoughts:

  • A World Final in anything is good entertainment. The importance of the event resonates, even over TV.
  • Rugby players are tremendous athletes. The sport requires a combination of speed, strength, skill, and fitness not found in traditional American sports.

While I won't be playing Fantasy rugby anytime soon, I'll definitely take the time to catch some matches live in future seasons. Thanks to Craig Allen for the indoctrination -- and congrats on the Cup returning to his home country!

No comments: